Thursday, September 27, 2007

NOTPREZNITBUSH AND $12,000,000,000

An armed guard poses beside pallets of $100 bills in Baghdad. Almost $12bn in cash was spent by the US-led authority


O.K., I admit that I am lousy at math, always have been, but I can balance my checkbook to a penny, so don't go there. I still haven't managed to formulate in my head what I'm going to write about the digital divide, but this is part of it. If you have ever cruised any of the msb as opposed to the bwb(blogging while brown) you've noticed it. They're almost 100% white, and most of their content deals with political issues, mostly getting their candidates elected into office. Don't get me wrong, sites such as dkos, Atrios and others do good and great works policing politicians and correcting right wing propaganda. The only problem is that we who bwb get left behind, and in essence segregated, our voices not heard in important forums.

Fortunately, with the importance of the Jena 6 and an incredible movement started by black bloggers we may not be left behind too much longer. I know that there is also a convention coming up next summer in Atlanta which I would dearly love to go to but can't. I certainly need to know how to drive more traffic to this lonely planet, lol. At any rate you can find out more about the convention here. I hope the convention is well attended and worthwhile.

Now, on to the subject of my post. Which is the same. Not enough of the msb kept the heat on this subject to my way of thinking, though I'm not sure it would have done much good because NotPrezNitBush has yet to explain where $12,000,000,000 went, which was sent to Iraq on pallets. You can read that story at the Vanguard. I have never understood how our government allowed $12,000,000,000 in cold hard cash to be sent on a plane and unloaded in the open only to have it disappear. $12, 000,000,000. I can't get over it. Look at this;

In the year after the invasion of Iraq in 2003 nearly 281 million notes, weighing 363 tonnes, were sent from New York to Baghdad for disbursement to Iraqi ministries and US contractors. Using C-130 planes, the deliveries took place once or twice a month with the biggest of $2,401,600,000 on June 22 2004, six days before the handover.

Can you believe that? This government, which promotes one of the worst policies ever created, no child left behind, did this with money that should have gone to our children and the school system which needed it desperately, and yet they either can't, won't, or don't know where the publics money went. I haven't figured out yet why none of the republicans and democrats aren't looking harder to see where this money went, what happened to it. Why does NotPreznitBush continually slash funding for educational programs and ask for more war spending, to the tune of $190,000,000,000? What if that money could go to the infrastructure of our school system? How much would such a cash infusion help our children? Still more than a year to suffer the man who isn't president.





No comments: