Sunday, January 20, 2008

SOMETHING FOR HILLARY HATERS TO CHEW ON

You know, as much as I am against Obama, what I really should say is this; I can understand deeply why black Americans would finally want to vote for one of their own. He's well educated, well spoken, charismatic, and that's all well and good. Growing up, watching the movement, and later participating in my own way, I feel I know what's needed, and it's not Barack Obama at this stage of the game. Hope was yesterday. Hope was answered by Dr. King, Sister Rosa Parks, Mrs. King, the freedom marchers, those who were murdered, and those who's murders go unprosecuted, those who braved water hoses, vicious dogs, and hate filled people. No, I don't need hope. I need someone who will fulfill the promises left behind when Dr. King was killed. I want someone who's going to come to town and undo the vast amount of damage, and yet again hate, left by the current administration. I want someone who will come in, boots to the ground, ready to wade into the mess wrought by eight long years of sheer ignorance, and an economy about to crumble into shambles. I want someone to restore my country to the dignity and greatness it once had amongst the other nations of the world.

Of Obama I would have liked to have seen him gain more experience than he had, especially in the world of foreign policy. A little more seasoning is all he needed. Instead, he let himself by swayed by racial politics, the racial politics of whites, who finally didn't have to look at a black face and feel guilty by what they saw in the face of black men and women. William Bennett told us that, he no longer would have to look at blacks, whom he despises for not being slaves and not overcoming the racial hatred of over four hundred years. Bastard. I understand perfectly the hatred of Bill Clinton. If any of you will just take your heads out of Obama's butt, you will see that under his presidency this country enjoyed the most growth than it ever has, and also spurred on some of the tech gains we have now. Did he not leave Bushco. a clear message that Ben Laden needed to be taken down? But why should they when Ben Laden was a friend to Bushco? Did he not leave this country with a surplus of money, and not incredible deficit we may never recover from? Our country is down the crapper and we need someone to handle our business, as it were, and at this time I just don't think Obama is the one to handle it.

As a black woman, I don't consider anyone who doesn't vote for Obama as racist or a race traitor. Here, in Maryland, we just went through that terrible Bob Ehrlich era, and when Michael Steele decided to run they all thought blacks would cross lines to vote for the mutt. Blackness doesn't give you some kind of special cache that says blacks must support you, and we can and will chose candidates according to our needs, the same as whites. The one thing whites and the media needs to do is to stop thinking of blacks as children or childlike, with the inability to think for themselves. Just because we don't make the choices you think we should doesn't mean we aren't capable. We make our choices just the way you do, with care, thought, and study, which is what many of you need to do. You need to study your hatred of Hillary Clinton, and examine exactly why you feel this way. Most of the hatred directed at her comes from the neocon media moguls who's only interest is their own. Realize that when we have times like this, an economic downturn it is they who reap the rewards, not you. They get to hire cheaper labor, provide cheaper benefits packages, bust unions who help broker better wages and benefits packages. They also love that other brown cheap labor from across the border which helps bring down our economy. I'm sure that there are quite a few other reasons the necons hate the Clintons, all of them having to do with money, and they do nothing but spend their time on the likes of Fox Noise, Chris Mathews and anyone else they can get to pound on Hillary in a hate filled vicious and ugly manner.

I'm not trying to tell anyone who to vote for, and it would never occur to me to do so, but I also won't let anyone tell me who to vote for, and whether or not my not voting for a black man is racist. That is not a proper reason to vote for anyone, no matter what. So, what you really need to do is examine your own hatreds and biases, to see where you need really need to place your vote. There are so many other things to consider as well, but for me, most of it boils down to experience and strength of will and character, which I find still lacking in Obama. Hillary Clinton has been forged by the necon hatred and the hatred they fan in you, so along with her own experiences this should be enough to pull us through, don't you think?

I posted this on dailyKos just because I love to tease at those white folks over there, lol.

2 comments:

Dirty Red said...

Mrs. Jazzy,

I do not share your opinion of Mrs Clinton. I will not be voting for her. However I do share your opinion of Obama. There is something about that guy that just does not sit well with me. I am up in the air about who to support. I kind of like John Edwards, but I don't think he has a shot in hell of getting the nomination. Which leave sme back at square 1, huh?

Jazzylady said...

Well, dirty red, if Edwards were in a better position he'd definitely get my vote, no doubt about. If Al were to run, damn! Oh well. There is just something so empty about Obama.