Wednesday, October 17, 2007

TALKING GIBBERISH

O.K. I admit that I'm still angry and upset with what digby had to say about Cosby, and madder still that when I checked out the video it was nothing like she said, and not only that, but both he and Dr. Toussaint appeared on Ophra today, something I just happened across accidentally. At least I've calmed down enough not to write a post concerning who and what a Ms. Ann is, lol. She got lucky on that one. For now. Since this fool was still going on about gibberish, I posted again on her blog that she needed to do her research before stating that anyone was talking gibberish. Before I state anything that I've seen, heard or read, I want to make sure that I fact check what I'm saying, and while it may be her belief that Cosby was talking gibberish, he was not. I did a search and found the video of the interview on another site, and I saw nothing of the kind. I also read some of the responses to that video, and they were the usual. There were some pros and some cons for what Cosby had to say, and of course some people felt that we should not be airing our dirty laundry, which is par for the course. But not one person stated that they thought Cosby was talking gibberish.

The interview that Cosby did with Ophra is up on her site here. I watched a whole hour of Ophra and I want you to know that's saying something. I am not a fan of much of commercial television, but for that hour I actually watched. Bill Cosby did not speak gibberish. He spoke about the same subjects he has for the past six or seven years; our kids and education; their discipline; that we should know what's going on in their lives. He also had a brother and sister, who's boyfriend had shot their mother before their eyes, with the brother begging for his life. The sister spiraled into drug use and sale and had a baby at the age of 16. Both were there to tell the audience that in spite of what they went through, with the help of their grandmother and other members of the community, they were able to survive their tragedy and go on to lead productive lives.

If you're going to babble on inanely about someone as digby does about Bill Cosby, why not make sure of what you're babbling about? Why not make sure that what you're giving ignorant views about are true, by making sure that you've carefully listened to what you're watching, and understood it at the same time, instead of running off inanely at the mouth before those who read you and believe every word you print. Perhaps digby thinks she is defending blacks against the undeserved jabs she feels Cosby is issuing to people who can't defend themselves, which he is not. Cosby is not, as I and so many other blacks know, leveling judgment against that segment of our population who honestly cannot do any better, but he is leveling it against those who know they can do better but aren't even trying. We know he is talking to those of us who know we must do better, for themselves and for their children, or we as a culture will slip further and further behind. He does it because he knows that there is no leader out there doing what needs to be done, and he does it because he loves his people. He does it because if he doesn't, no one will.

Because I still can't believe digby said what she did, that she portrays herself as honestly not knowing what kind of "gibberish" Cosby is speaking, I will give her the benefit of the doubt and not accuse her of racism, but state that she does need to examine the video again and visit Ophra's site for the video of her show, then rethink her statements. Otherwise, I'll just go on believing she's a drunken old fool who needs to get her head examined and hearing aid tested.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!


FREE ebay has finally arrived in the 21st century" at http://www.BuySellDirect.net

Why not, you can use http://www.BuySellDirect.net FREE service to make a second income.